“Of my tradition is to marry. So then whoever turns away from my tradition (Sunnah) is not from me (my nation)” (Bukhari).
“This world is but provision, and there is no provision in this world better than a righteous wife.” (Muslim 1469).
However, we understand that we have wide variance in terms of our practice and commitment to religious obligations, therefore we encourage our service seekers to express their religious commitment in four categories.
Liberal-Apathetic to religious practice.
Traditional-Committed to faith, apathetic to religious practice.
Moderate- Committed to faith, irregular in religious practice.
Conservative- Committed to faith, committed to religious practice.
By no means can we judge any one’s religiosity and that is not our purpose of requesting to note these categories. The only reason this categories are requested for mutual selectivity in current status of the candidates. Insha-Allah we hope and believe that our service recipients will grow in their commitment to the obedience of Allah and His messenger.
- A GC has access to a complete database of a region for his/her to handle as a trust (‘amanah’ in Islamic terminology).
- After responsible verification of the candidates, the GC would share the trust with the potential candidate as a trust (with potential penalty for mishandling of the trust, i.e. sensitive personal data).
- At an advanced stage of mutual agreement GC would arrange audio/visual conference.
- Any further communications (as prescribed by our Guidance Council for Sharia compliance) should be done in full cognizance of the GC.
- Once decision to moving forward is finalized, GC will handover the case to our marriage facilitator to help provide logistic support for the wedding event.
Different social networks and individuals are providing similar services as yours, what is your comparative advantage?
- Submission of bio data is standardized and made inclusive of all necessary information at one shot.
- We are providing the web portal and searching capability to many of those individual players or social networks who are willing to take benefit of this modern tool. Sorting candidates based on search criteria would be the advantage that our guardian councilors would enjoy as opposed to manual sorting of pool of biodatas.
- Each of those individuals have limited data base, on the contrary we are promoting an online portal to collect in a secured manner (as is done through those individuals) a huge database. Therefore our guardian councilors are not limited to a small database to sort from, rather they would have access to nationwide huge database to choose from.
- We have the time-gate in our communication between the guardian council and the candidates.